Sunday, March 21, 2010

Splish Splash Bath Time = Torture

So, Jack seriously hates bathtime... he screams & cries the whole time! Well, tonight he actually did ok, still whined through most of it but was more open to the idea of playing for a bit. I have some input from the other mommies out there on FB I asked for tips & tricks. He was most interested in using his cup to splash (by interested I mean he stopped whining for a little bit), couldn't get the feet kicking to splash... I bet he'll be all into that.

Here are some cute pictures after bath... he gets so cuddly because he was so upset!

Having his prune juice nightcap!

This is right before he stopped to pee on our carpet then proceeded to chase Matt down the hallway. Hiliarous!

If anyone else has tips or tricks for bathtime, we're open to suggestion! Got to make this routine a little less like torture for all involved!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if anyone has suggested this to you already or not, but it is worth a shot.

    Oliver always hated baths. He hated the baby bath tub. He doesn't particularly liked the sink. What I have done that made it better is...

    1. Put him in the big bath tub with me. He seemed to be less freaked out about it if I was in there with him. Now he takes baths just fine by himself, but still in the big tub.

    2. Make sure he is covered in water, and that the water is warm! I was previously making the water too cold for him. I actually had to get out a thermometer and measure it because I always thought it was too hot for him. About 100 degrees makes him happy. AND having most of his body submerged made him feel better too.

    3. Lastly, I don't know if you're breastfeeding or not but I've fed him a few times in the bathtub and that really calmed him down. After feeding, he let me wash his hair without crying.

    Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete