Friday, May 25, 2012

Flats and Handwashing: Day 3 - Favorite Uses

I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For a week I will be using only flat cloth diapers (in covers or stuffed in pocket diapers) and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants internationally!  


Today's topic hosted by Kim at DDL is: Favorite Way to Use Flats

If you would've asked me what my favorite use for flat cloth diapers a month ago, I would've immediately imagined the tiny things you can buy made by Gerber and would've answered "burp cloths."

At this point I know, I am not crazy about using them as pad folded in a cover or in a pocket so far.  They are REALLY bulky this way at least on Christopher (almost 7 months old and ~19 lbs.).  On a bigger baby or toddler maybe they wouldn't look so bulky.

So far, my favorite fold is the Happy Anteater.  It is very trim and easy to do... in fact I can actually use a pin to secure it, but in all reality I do not need to secure the flat I could just as easily put the cover on top.


The Happy Anteater, before it goes on baby's bum!

For those of you who have used flat cloth diapers, what is your favorite use?

No comments:

Post a Comment