Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This time of year comes around and I think about all of the things for which I'm grateful. 

I can't believe my baby boy is almost 18 months old!!  I am so very thankful to be a mother.  Not only do I enjoy it, but he helps me remember to be very thankful for the little things in life.  The joy he gets from reading stories and pride he has pointing out animals is so pure!  The look he has on his face when we give him a "cookie" (graham cracker) that expresses his gratitude.

I am so very grateful for my amazing husband and the father of my son!  He is truly my "base" and keeps me grounded.  I am thankful for the relationship he and Jack have, because I can not imagine those two without their special bond.

I am thankful for my job, while it definitely keeps me busy, it also helps me provide for our family.  I am glad to have learned skills and knowledge through my short post-college experience.

I am so lucky our extended family who helps make the fact that I need to work outside of the home that much easier.  My mom's help to watch our son is priceless!  Not only does my son get to stay at his home when Mommy & Daddy are working, but he gets to have such a special bond with my mom.  I really don't know how we'd function without my mom!

1 comment:

  1. I am truly blessed to be able to spend time with that sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete