Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday!

Happy Lent to all those who observe. This year Matt & I are giving up eating out/ordering take-out for Lent. We did it 2 years ago and it was tough but worth it! Since we've moved and the holidays, we've been bad about picking up dinner and lunch whenever we got too tired. I hope this will also help me get better at planning our meals, which has been extremely difficult for me since Jack was born.

In other happenings, things have been CRAZY busy for me! I am pretty much swamped at work, which is kind of nice to make the days go quickly, but also stressful. Nonetheless, I'm happy to be given the responsibility and anxious to prove to my boss and coworkers that I can deliver. I felt like a slacker because I essentially couldn't fulfill the duties in my job description due to not being allowed in the lab (per company policy as a safety concern). Now I definitely don't feel guilty for getting pregnant, but I do feel that if I want to advance I must really prove myself during fiscal years that I am not.

Well, things are so busy I must work a little bit from home this evening and tomorrow evening. Next week is our R&D conference so posting probably will not happen, even though I will still be in town. Hopefully I'll get to post this weekend after Matt & I get our new furniture (did I mention we bought new furniture and I'm SO excited!?).

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new furniture - that's so exciting! Good luck with the Lent give-ups. I gave up sweets and I'm already having trouble!!

    ReplyDelete