Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pregnancy Update!

Finally into the second trimester and it feels so good! 

I am starting to get my energy back.  This is easier said than done with a toddler who loves to be outside and is constantly on the go.  I am much better than I was the first trimester as far as my energy level.  My nausea was pretty much a constant during the first trimester and it has gone away for the most part.  I still get nauseous if I don't eat for an extended period of time.  That doesn't happen often because I feel like I'm ALWAYS hungry the past week or so.  I've started to pop out a bit and its uncomfortable to sleep on my back (due to the extra weight on my spine) or stomach.  Here's a side-shot Matt took this evening:

I'm about 14.5 weeks today.  Please excuse the messy hair...
With all things in motherhood, the things I've learned (or so I'd like to think) from having one child, I'm trying to apply to the one I have yet to give birth to.  Namely, I've become obsessed with looking at newborn cloth diapers!  I simply can not resist researching and looking at the teeny, tiny little things!  Yes, I've even purchased a few... and I did so way too early in my pregnancy, but oh well!  Here's the beginning of our newborn diaper stash:

Rumparooz Lil' Joeys... They come in two-packs!  How cute is that?!  They are all-in-one diapers, so that kind of makes me nervous because I prefer pockets.  They have a snap down for the umbilical cord stump so I feel as though I should give them a shot!  Plus, my favorite color is green, illustrated by my green shirt in the picture above.

This is a pocket newborn diaper, that snaps down to two different rises.  This might help with the umbilical cord stump.  I've read good reviews, better than the ones for Happy Heiny's one-size pocket diapers, so I'm hoping they'll work for us!
I also plan on getting a number of prefolds and covers for the newborn days too.  The reason I want at least some pockets/all-in-ones is because I think they're much more convenient for trips outside the house.  If I'm going to have a toddler and a newborn outside the house, I need convenience!  I've also heard rave reviews about fitted diapers with wool diaper covers.  I have a friend who will be trying some with her newborn this summer so I can't wait to hear how she likes them!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

1 comment: