Friday, March 16, 2012

Our Song

Katie at NFP and Me is hosting a linky on telling the details on your wedding song!  So here it goes... and I'm going to deviate a bit and add a few more of my favorite songs from our wedding!


What's your song?


"The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson
You can listen to it and view the "official music video" here because it wouldn't let me embed it.


Our entire wedding party entered into the reception to the song "Hey Girl" by O.A.R. because O.A.R. was a big part of our college lives.



The wedding party song was "Road Outside Columbus" by O.A.R. because I love this part because it pretty much explains why I love that I have ended up here:
Surprise, Surprise, I traveled here.
Four hundred miles from where I'm known.
My friends are here.
A couple years I've spent, I found I have a second home. 
Did you always have a song or did you have to find one?


Nope, definitely didn't always have one.  In fact, we definitely struggled to find a wedding song... and by struggled I mean, Matt was no help.  Ha ha!  I love him dearly, but what song we danced to didn't matter much to him... it only mattered that we were dancing as husband and wife.


Why did you pick this song?

A friend (and my maid of honor) played the song for me the first time and I immediately liked it, but didn't really think of it being "our song".  Ultimately, I thought it was fun and quirky, just like us!

What does it mean to you?

It's perfect because it was all about us loving each other just the way we are forever! 

How was the meaning changed since you first chose it?

It means more to me because it has proven to be so very true about how we love each other... ESPECIALLY since we have kids!  We have to be silly and love each other through the not-so-perfect parts of life.
 
Won't you share a picture of you two dancing? (Doesn't have to be a wedding picture!)

Well it definitely has to be from our wedding because Matt and I rarely dance (I should say Matt rarely dances), so here is a picture courtesy of Cherished Moments Photography. 

Photo provided by Cherished Moments Photography
Hope you've enjoyed!  Be sure to go check out the other posts at Katie at NFP and Me!


1 comment:

  1. Love this song! Especially the Rogaine line! :) Thanks for sharing your story!

    And what a great picture! :)

    ReplyDelete