Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Last night we spent a wonderful night-in with our boys to celebrate New Years Eve!  I found a small 4-pack of champagne (technically sparkling wine), so that I could have a small glass to toast the new year with Matt without wasting a whole bottle of champagne.  We told Jack he didn't have a bedtime last night (he was thrilled!) figuring he would fall asleep on the couch with us.  He chose to watch Cars 2 and then around 11 p.m. he asked to go to bed.  Luckily, I took a few naps with the boys before the clock struck midnight and was able to make it to welcome 2012!

Today is my late cousin's birthday... I will always think of her as we welcome the new year because we used to call her at midnight every year to wish her a happy birthday.  I got so many hand-me-down clothes from Katie when I was younger and always thought they were the coolest clothes.  I was blessed to have her as my Confirmation sponsor and a great role model as I was growing up.  She left this world way too young... Miss you so very much Katie!

This year I am going to try to participate in 52 Weeks to An Organized Home.  I will get an email once a week on the area of focus and then try to implement it at our house.  I know there will be weeks where I simply can't get to it, but I really hope to be able to participate in most of these.  Hopefully I will be able to keep up on a blog post each week I participate.  Having two kids in our house just after Christmas makes me realize how very important organization is, not that I didn't before, I just did not really worry about it!

I have some other little goals of things that I'd like to get better at, but I hope to keep my focus on my wonderful family this year!

I am now less than 2 weeks away from going back to work and it of course makes me very sad to be leaving my boys.  Lots going on in the next few weeks including Christopher's baptism, so blog updates might be sparse.

Wishing everyone a very happy New Year full of health, wealth and many more blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment