Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lenten Sacrifice

As someone who has grown up being asked "What are you giving up for Lent?" it is hard for me to not make that part of my focus of Lent.  This year, Matt and I (and by default, Jack) are giving up going out to eat/getting take out.  Matt and I did this before Jack was around and we behaved well... now, we've slipped back into bad habits.

I'm looking forward to this Lenten sacrifice, because I know it is something we need to do for our family.  Not just the saving money part, but the part where we sit down for dinner together as much as possible and eat our home cooked meals and really use all of our leftovers.

I also want to be more proactive in my faith, I haven't decided what form that might manifest itself in (i.e. praying the rosary daily or doing a novena, or two), but for me those details aren't critical to line out.  While this isn't a sacrifice, part of becoming more faithful can involve giving up time you might spend doing other things!

I am most looking forward to the celebration of the woman I'm sponsoring through RCIA as she becomes Catholic this Easter Vigil.  I know it will be a beautiful celebration of faith and I'm so glad to get to be a part of it!

I wish everyone a reflective and meaningful Lenten season!

No comments:

Post a Comment